The Bennie Adkins Foundation is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization not associated with the military services. Our purpose is to provide educational scholarships to deserving Special Forces non-commissioned officers seeking higher education as a means of assisting in their transition into civilian life. Scholarship funds can be used for tuition, books, fees, room and board, and other direct associated costs of higher education Funds will be transferred directly to the accredited institution.
- Applicants must be Special Forces Soldiers (E5- E9) on active duty, recently separated (within 5 years), or retired (within 5 years).
- The applicant must have been accepted by or already attending an accredited college, university, or vocational institution.
Please complete all sections of the application online at www.bennieadkinsfoundation.org.
For more information please contact by email at email@example.com
- Applicant must submit a current and accurate ERB or DD214 with application.
- Applicant’s most recent transcript and/or other evidence of scholastic achievement.
- Copy of accredited university’s acceptance letter.
- Applicant must submit a personal statement (500 – 1000 words) explaining need, use of scholarship, and transition plan. Tell us about yourself and your Special Forces service.
- Reference letter from Battalion SGM (preferred) or soldier with whom you served, who can attest to your SF history and personal character.
- The optional Photo Release Form and a recent photograph suitable for publication, preferable in uniform, on the foundations social media platforms and website.