JOB TITLE: Programs & Services Coordinator
JOB TYPE: Full-time, Exempt
INDUSTRY: Military nonprofit organization (IRS Code 501c3)
ABOUT THE GREEN BERET FOUNDATION
The mission of the Green Beret Foundation is to provide Special Forces Soldiers and their families with emergency, immediate, and ongoing support. Founded in 2009, we have assisted nearly 13,000 families and continue to provide programs and services in support of the Special Forces Regiment on a daily basis. Since our inception, we’ve invested 84 cents of every dollar into our programs and services, which has totaled over $16 million that has directly supported the Regiment and its families. GBF is the only nonprofit solely dedicated to supporting Green Berets and their families that has achieved a 4-Star Rating with Charity Navigator. The Foundation is also the sole special operations nonprofit that is accredited by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the purpose of preparing, filing, and appealing disability claims and benefits.
The Programs & Services Coordinator will provide case management and referral services to Special Forces Soldiers and their families. This position works collaboratively with the Director of Programs & Services and external program partners to ensure the highest-level delivery of programs and services to the U.S. Army Special Forces Regiment and its families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify and identify programs and services eligibility. Proactively communicate with Green
Berets and their family members to facilitate the registration process and answer eligibility
questions. Utilize probing questions to identify specific needs and uncover new opportunities.
- Connect with active duty, separated, or retired Green Berets and their families by responding to
them via multiple channels of communications, e.g., phone, email, and in-person.
- Assess and triage the needs of Green Berets, family members, and caregivers.
- Provide programs and services overviews to Green Berets and family members for continuous
support and engagements.
- Connect Green Berets, caregivers, and family members with GBF programs and services to
assist them with their long-term recovery and empowerment.
- Identify and handle crisis situations, including suicide intervention and prevention.
- Manage case assignments from Director of Programs & Services, and report bi-monthly to
Director of Programs & Services on support cases.
- Coordinate and execute payment for approved programs and services for eligible Green Berets
and their family members.
- Coordinate and manage travel requirements on behalf of eligible Green Berets and their family
members as needed.
- Utilize internal databases to create, update, and maintain current and accurate data.
- Reconciles monthly with Operations Manager on expenditures.
- Follow up with internal teammates and community resources as appropriate.
- Complete outbound calls to Green Berets with the intention of getting them engaged in GBF
programs and services or to ensure they have no current specific needs.
- Adhere to call and email quality established standards set by leadership.
- Establish effective working relationships and work collaboratively with GBF teammates.
- Other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated understanding of military culture and veteran issues (e.g. traumatic brain injury
(TBI), post-traumatic stress (PTS), and combat stress) the emotional and physical impact of
combat and deployments, and the challenges faced by veterans, military families, caregivers, and
- Demonstrated understanding of GBF programs and services offered to the U.S. Army Special
Forces Regiment and its families.
- Demonstrated proficiency using appropriate etiquette when responding to email and phone.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to utilize effective verbal
probing techniques to obtain information.
- Possesses humility, emotional intelligence, flexibility, patience, and high intellectual curiosity.
Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to interact effectively with diverse individuals and build
effective working relationships. Ability to respond to sensitive matters with diplomacy and
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Adobe, and Zoom.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy with entering, pulling, cleaning, maintaining, and
analyzing data within Salesforce.
- Self-starter; willing to take initiative and work independently to accomplish tasks and
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and
complete assignments accurately and in a timely manner. Able to effectively handle multiple
priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced working environment.
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work with.
- 3+ years’ of administrative experience with a nonprofit organization, preferably within a military
family support services environment, or healthcare organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Zoom, and Adobe.
- Self-starter able to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Must demonstrate an extreme commitment to protecting client confidentiality.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check.
- Two years of experience handling crisis calls and escalation procedures.
- Two years of experience using a customer relationship management system, e.g., Salesforce.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and other laws pertinent to case management.
- Event planning experience is a plus.
- Bilingual is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Equivalent combination of education, experience, training, or
certification may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- This position may require travel (10%).
- View a computer terminal, handwritten notes, and forms with or without correction.
- Hear and listen at normal speaking levels, with or without correction, and to receive detailed
information through oral communication.
- Stand or sit, periodically for sustained periods of time.
- The Coordinator works a 40-hour week, generally during business hours (Central Standard
Time). Some evening and weekend hours might be occasionally needed.
The Green Beret Foundation offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Medical/Prescription drug, Dental, Vision, a 401(k)-retirement plan, a competitive PTO package, Sick
Leave, Family Care Leave, Paid Holidays, and Bereavement Leave.
This is an incredible opportunity to be a part of the premier nonprofit organization dedicated to
performing critical work in support of the U.S. Army Special Forces Regiment and its families. Please
submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 7 April 2023:
- Cover Letter.
- Two Professional References.