JOB TITLE: Director of Mission and Program Delivery
JOB TYPE: Full-time, Exempt
INDUSTRY: Military Nonprofit Organization (IRS Code 501(c)3)
LOCATION: Remote Position / Travel Required
**No longer accepting any additional applications as of 01/20/24**
ABOUT THE GREEN BERET FOUNDATION
The Green Beret Foundation (GBF) provides all generations of U.S. Army Special Forces Soldiers and their families with emergency, immediate, and ongoing support. GBF assists over 5,000 Special Forces families each year. Since its inception in 2009, GBF has invested 86%, or 86 cents of every dollar, into its programs and services, which has totaled over $16 million that has directly supported the Regiment and its families. GBF is the only nonprofit solely dedicated to supporting Green Berets and their families that has achieved a 4-Star Rating with Charity Navigator. Also, GBF is the sole special operations nonprofit accredited by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the purpose of preparing, filing, and appealing of disability claims.
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Director of Mission and Program Delivery at the Green Beret Foundation is pivotal in steering the organization toward its mission success. Responsibilities encompass strategic program development, team leadership, partnership cultivation, program management, resource allocation, and advocacy. This role requires strong leadership skills, a focus on collaboration, and a commitment to ensuring the highest standards of quality and effectiveness in all programs and services. The Director of Mission and Program Delivery will also be instrumental in managing budgets, securing funding opportunities, and engaging with stakeholders to elevate the organization’s impact and reach. The position involves representing the organization at various military-related events and conferences while working closely with internal teams to align programs with the organization’s mission. Additionally, the Director of Mission and Program Delivery will establish and implement robust monitoring and evaluation systems to track outcomes and prepare regular reports for key stakeholders if you are passionate about making a meaningful impact and possess the strategic acumen to drive program success. In that case, we invite you to join our dynamic team at the Green Beret Foundation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Strategic Program Development:
- Collaborate with the Programs and Services Case Coordinators (PSCC) and Programs and Services Committee to develop and implement strategic initiatives and program goals.
- Oversee the design, development, and implementation of programs and services tailored to the unique needs of current and former Green Berets and their families.
- Effectively utilize Programs and Services team to identify potential risks and challenges for current and future initiatives and develop contingency plans to mitigate these risks.
- Encourage cross-functional teamwork, leveraging the strengths of both senior and junior team members.
- Develop strategies to ensure the long-term sustainability of programs beyond their initial implementation.
Team Leadership and Development:
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to direct reports.
- Effectively deploy the talents and skills of direct reports to achieve maxim program and organization success.
- Contribute to the educational and professional progress of direct reports.
- Foster a collaborative and supportive work environment, emphasizing teamwork, growth, and a commitment to our mission.
Partnership and Stakeholder Engagement:
- Cultivate and maintain strategic partnerships with military organizations, government agencies, veteran service organizations, and community groups.
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of potential partners’ strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Establish clear criteria for selecting and prioritizing potential partners.
- Collaborate with these partners to leverage resources and expand the reach and impact of our programs.
Program Management and Quality Assurance:
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and evaluation of all programs and services, ensuring they align with the organization’s mission and meet the highest standards of quality and effectiveness.
- Monitor program performance, assess outcomes, and make data-driven improvements as necessary.
Resource Allocation and Financial Management:
- Collaborate with President/CEO to develop and manage program budgets, ensuring responsible allocation of resources.
- Collaborate with Director of Community and Strategic Events and Director of Foundation and Scholarship Relations to secure funding opportunities, grants, and donations to support program growth and sustainability.
Advocacy and Public Relations:
- Represent the organization at military-related events, conferences, and meetings to raise awareness and advocate for the needs of current and former Green Berets and their families.
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications and Marketing to develop and execute strategic outreach messaging.
Evaluation and Reporting:
- Establish and implement robust monitoring and evaluation systems to track program outcomes and impact.
- Prepare regular reports for the executive team, board of directors, funders, and other stakeholders to demonstrate program achievements and areas for growth.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of program development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Skill in creating and managing program budgets.
- Ability to design and implement effective program strategies to meet organizational goals.
- Skill in setting goals, objectives, and key performance indicators (KPIs) for programs.
- Skill in monitoring and managing program budgets to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders, including clients, donors, partners, and the community.
- Ability to effectively communicate the mission and impact of programs to various stakeholders.
- Skill in advocating for the organization and its programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of  years of leadership experience in program management, with  years in a supervisory or director-level role, or equivalent experience and education.
- Experience within a nonprofit organization, preferably within a military family support services environment, or healthcare organization preferred.
- Strong understanding of military culture and the unique challenges faced by veterans and active-duty service members.
- Proven track record in designing, implementing, and evaluating successful programs and services for the military community.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to inspire and collaborate across diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to translate vision into actionable plans and drive results.
- Experience in budgeting, financial management, and resource allocation.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain partnerships with external stakeholders, including military and government agencies.
- Proficiency in data analysis and program evaluation methodologies.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
This is an incredible opportunity to be a part of a growing organization that is performing critical work in the special operations non-profit space.
- Cover Letter in PDF Format
- Resume in PDF Format
Applications without the required documents may not be considered.
**No longer accepting any additional applications as of 01/20/24**