Role: Chief Executive Officer
About the Green Beret Foundation
The Green Beret Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization established to honor our commitment to Special Forces Soldiers past and present. The GBF team supports Green Berets and their families with an array of resources to help them thrive, despite wounds of war or other challenges related to their service to our nation.
Since its inception in 2009, the Foundation has built a solid base from which to serve the Special Forces community. The organization is now on the precipice of substantial growth in reach, scope of services, and impact. GBF is seeking a dynamic leader to drive that potential.
For more information visit the GBF website at greenberetfoundation.org.
As the CEO of the Green Beret Foundation, you will be responsible for evolving the strategic direction and vision for the organization while leading a high-caliber team to execute on the mission and achieve significant growth.
- Refine strategy and drive execution across all functional areas, with an emphasis on outreach and development.
- Lead donor engagement activities, including identification and cultivation of individual, foundation, and corporate prospects, to grow revenue steadily and consistently.
- Build and nurture relationships with key external stakeholders across the community, to include the Special Forces Regiment, family and advocacy leaders, corporate supporters, and strategic donors.
- Create a National Advisory Board of top thought leaders and experienced business and nonprofit executives.
- Organize, motivate, and mentor internal team members to inspire the highest levels of performance, loyalty, and camaraderie.
- Drive operations and operational rigor, including full financial and cash flow management.
- Establish goals and objectives in collaboration with the board and staff – and build the plan and team to measure, monitor, and improve them.
- Work closely and openly with the Board and its committees, ensuring ongoing communication of risks and issues, as well as successes.
- Create and sustain a great organizational culture consisting of clearly articulated values and inspired leadership to enable strong working relationships across all levels.
- Steward and enhance the Green Beret Foundation brand.
- Credibility as the leading ambassador for and voice of the Green Beret Foundation.
- History of effective leadership at an executive level.
- Proven experience executing organization growth and leading similar or larger business entities.
- Experience and success in motivating, recruiting, developing, retaining, and mentoring high performance, mission-driven, and results-oriented teams.
- Track record of transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Strong communication skills, impeccable professional demeanor, and comfort with public speaking.
- Self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills and hunger to succeed.
- Five or more years of significant operations, sales, business development, or nonprofit fundraising experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Relevant experience working with military members and families.
- Willingness and ability to travel at least 50% time.
- Competitive base salary, plus significant incentive compensation.
- Full benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance; 401(k) with corporate match; and other benefits.
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and optional cover letter at the link below.
Please address these questions in your cover letter:
- Please explain why and how you are going to have unwavering belief in the Green Beret Foundation’s mission.
- Please explain your five years of business development or sales growth leadership you have achieved and what is your history in exceeding annual targets? Be as specific as possible.
- Please explain how you would expand the donor base and revenue/charitable donations for the Green Beret Foundation.
Deadline for submission: December 10th
Should you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin immediately and continue on a confidential basis until an appointment is made.
Green Beret Foundation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Green Beret Foundation participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Green Beret Foundation is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Green Beret Foundation is a drug-free workplace.